Grow to Learn CIC
Workshops include (not exclusive -they can be adapted or designed to suit school needs)
• Establishing your food growing project - getting beds ready, initial seed sowing in beds, planting out etc
• Seed sowing in pots looking at the properties of seeds, what they need to grow etc. - take home or nurture in school
• Practical reproduction of plants - seed sowing, cuttings, division, seed saving (linked to science curriculum)
• Vegetable growing linked to healthy eating – ‘eat a rainbow’
• Inset – training teachers to deliver their own food growing project – what to grow, when, and how. Advice on setting up and equipping a school garden. Quick wins and addressing the difficulties. Integrating food growing into the school curriculum.
What people say about us:
"The quality of activities was fantastic, lots of resources that really interested the children"
"The Grow to Learn teachers were faultless, well equipped, and super organised. We loved it and learnt lots."
"Excellent management of the class was noted - this can be a challenging class. Teaching experience was obvious with clear boundaries and expectations"